- 10-12 dates soaked overnight (depending on size)
- 1 cup oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¾ cup chopped seasonal fruits (strawberries, peaches ..etc)
- Remove skin and seed from dates (once they’ve soaked, the skin slides off easily). Mash into paste.
- Start cooking your oats – add 3 cups water to oats and cook on high. Once it starts to boil, reduce heat and add date paste.
- Cook for about 20 minutes. If you feel that it is too thick, add a little bit of water until your desired consistency. Keep in mind that if it looks too watery at first, it will thicken once it cools, especially once you’ve added the chia seeds.
- Add chopped fruit and chia seeds, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy