For the meringue
- 4 egg whites at room temperature
- 240g sugar
- 2 tbsp rosewater
- Lemon zest
- Crushed pistachios
- Raspberry jam (or strawberry jam)
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 90˚C.
- Gently warm the egg whites with the sugar over a hot water bath, and keep stirring until all the sugar dissolves.
- You can test between your fingers to see if it feels smooth, with no grains of sugar left, and if it is warm.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl and beat on high speed until it gets cold.
- Add the rosewater and lemon zest. Continue whipping until stiff peaks have formed.
- Transfer into a pastry bag and pipe on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle with crushed pistachios and bake in the preheated oven for 2h.
- When cool, add a spoon of raspberry jam (or strawberry jam) in the nests.