- 1L of heavy cream
- 5 tbsps. sahlab powder
- 2 tbsps. corn starch
- 1 tsp Arabic mastic crushed
- 2 tbsps. orange blossom water
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cans of ready ashta
- 2 ½ cups roughly crushed pistachio
- Mix the heavy cream, sahlab powder, cornstarch, Arabic mastic and orange blossom, stirring occasionally, over medium low heat, until thick. Set aside to cool in a large plate.
- Mix the heavy cream, powdered sugar and ready ashta in the cold stainless bowl of the stand mix using the paddle attachment until soft peak forms.
- Combine the two mixtures and mix for about 3 minutes.
- Roll out the mixture to a rectangular plate and freeze for 2 hours. Put it again in the food processor and mix for 5 minutes.
- Repeat the step 4 twice.
- Roll out the ice cream on a parchment paper and top with pistachios.
- Wrap it with the parchment paper, roll and freeze again.
Use a rectangular cake mold (step 7) and freeze.