AUSTRALIAN BEEF SHAWARMA WITH BBQ VIMTO MARINADE
Serves 10 | Preparation time 25 mins | Cooking time 10 mins
- 1 kg Australian Beef Chuck Roll, sliced thinly
- 250g lamb fat strips
- 1.5 tsp. salt
- 1.5 tsp. ground pepper
- ½ small red onion sliced (25g)
- ½ orange peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp. seven spice
- ½ tsp. clove powder
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. yogurt
- 2 tbsp. vimto cordial syrup
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. cardamom seeds
For each sandwich
- 1 pc Arabic bread (small cut open like a pocket)
- 15g white onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 5g fresh parsley, chopped (a pinch)
- ¼ tsp. sumac powder, a sprinkle
- 60g French fries (about a handful)
- Mix all ingredients except for the beef and lamb fat, and blend to create a paste.
- Marinate the beef strips and lamb fat strips 24 hours in the chiller.
- Remove from fridge at least 30min before grilling.
- Prepare your BBQ and coals to about a medium heat.
- Thread the beef and lamb onto the skewers and grill for appx 4-5min each side. Be sure to turn as much as possible to prevent burning.
- Remove the meat from the skewers and build your sandwich as you like! Also great with rice and a side salad.
CLICK TO WATCH THE VIDEO
OTHER RECIPES BY MLA