11 RESTAURANTS AWARDED MICHELIN STARS IN DUBAI, A FIRST FOR THE MIDDLE EAST
The first-ever Michelin Guide Dubai recognised 69 restaurants covering 21 cuisines, 11 restaurants were awarded the prestigious Michelin stars, 14 were recognised as Bib Gourmand restaurants and 1 got a Green Star for sustainable gastronomy!
TWO MICHELIN STARS
IL RISTORANTE – NIKO ROMITO
The stylish restaurant with a sleek, design-led interior and walls punctuated with black and white photos of Italian movie stars is located within the Bulgari Resort Hotel.
Experienced Italian chef Giacomo Amicucci offer guests, sophisticated modern Italian dishes, with balance, purity and clarity. Many of the top-quality ingredients are flown in from Italy; fish dishes are a highlight, as is the pasta.
ONE MICHELIN STARS
With a stylish, intimate lighting and a laid-back feel along with a huge open kitchen and grill, this restaurant offers an impressive variety of global ingredients are of excellent quality, with vegetables, seafood and meats grilled to perfection over oak, hickory or hay, each of which impart their own distinctive flavor. The dishes are skillfully cooked with subtly well-judged seasoning.
Located atop of the architectural masterpiece that is the Burj al Arab, the restaurant serves sophisticated and refined French base dishes with Mediterranean influences; top quality ingredients are cooked with precision to create modern dishes with bold flavors and playful textures.
With a moodily lit and a private atmosphere, smooth service, the menu of reimagined Chinese dishes is carefully created using top quality ingredients to deliver punchy flavors. The restaurant offers few dishes exclusive to Dubai, such as the lychee lobster with yuzu pearl.
This unique restaurant located in the basement of the Atlantis Hotel with a plethora of marble, a curved, back-lit, azure-blue bar and towering, seashell-inspired pillars, add luxury to the room. The experienced kitchen offer ‘Metanoia’ menus, come with fine textural contrasts and impressive clarity of flavor.
This Italian restaurant set within the striking W Hotel on the Palm features an open kitchen, floor-to-ceiling windows and a terrace overlooking the beach. Guests can choose between the five-course tasting menu and an appealing à la carte of modern Italian dishes bursting with color and rich flavors. Pasta and Tiramisubito are a highlight.
The 20-seater Indian restaurant offer an immersive elegant dining experience with a multi-course tasting menu. The meal begins with a flavorful snacks followed by well executed dishes such as ghee-roasted crab, tandoori chicken dumpling or morel pulao with Assam tea dashi.
MICHELIN GREEN STAR
LOWE is the first and only restaurant in Dubai to receive a Michelin Green Star. The appealing, trendy restaurant with a relaxed vibe and a sustainable ethos has impressive open kitchen features a wood oven, a grill and a rotisserie, which play a key role in many of the global dishes.
As part of their efforts towards zero food waste, the restaurant offer eight to 10 courses of would-be waste products, saved over the previous months.
BIB GOURMAND STAR
Restaurants offering a value-for-money gourmet experience for an average price of Dh250 for a 3-course meal:
- Al Khayma serves rustic Emirati cooking, slow cooked meats, Arabic spices and fresh bread cooked in the courtyard.
- Bait Maryam serves home-cooked Levantine dishes.
- Brasserie Boulud serves French dishes such as escargots and canard rôti , tarte Tatin and île flottante.
- Fi’Lia serves artisan pizzas and traditional Italian dishes with a contemporary twist.
- Folly serves ingredient-driven modern dishes cooked from a kitchen counter where diners can watch the chefs in action.
- Goldfish serves sushi and yakitori by chef Akmal Anuar.
- Ibn Albahr serves a fresh fish where diners can choose what to eat and enjoy ingredient-driven fare.
- Indya by Vineet serves colorful street food dishes for vegetarians, meat and fish lovers.
- Kinoya serves ramen dishes and Japanese classics including sushi, sashimi, robata and tempura.
- Ninive serves Bedouin dishes from all over the Middle East and North Africa.
- Orfali Bros serves playful Mediterranean small plates with global influences.
- REIF Japanese Kushiyaki serves robata-cooked, street food-style snacks, sushi, ramen and creative desserts.
- Shabestan serves traditional Persian dishes, marinated meats, freshly baked breads and mezze.
- Teible serves great value dishes with seasonal, local and occasionally fermented ingredients.