- 2 medium aubergines
- 40g tahina
- 60g Greek yoghurt
- 7g chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 5-7g chopped dill, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 5-6 walnut quarters and halves
- sumac, to sprinkle
- 1 little Gem lettuce, leaves separated
1. Start by preparing the aubergines. Preheat the grill until really hot, then put the aubergines on a baking sheet and grill until the skin has blackened and blistered.
2. You will need to turn them regularly as it’s important that the flesh inside is really well–cooked.
3. Cool the aubergines a little, then peel away and discard the skin, chop the flesh coarsely, then scrape in into a bowl.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and beat well to make a smooth dip. Check the seasoning and spoon into a bowl.
5. Take the back of a spoon and make a big swirl in the dip. Drizzle with a little oil, garnish with the extra chopped dill, the walnut halves and some sumac – sprinkle it generously, all around the edge.
6. Serve with Little Gem leaves to scoop up the dip.