For the Baklava Layers
- 27 (9”x14”) phyllo sheets
- 10 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Pistachio Layers
- 1 1/2 cup chopped raw pistachio(or walnut)
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 6 tbsp powdered sugar
For the Cheesecake
- 16oz/455g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 8oz/226g mascarpone (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup/110ml heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup/150g granulated sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp/21g all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp/10g cornstarch
For the Syrup
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 small slice of lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Starting with one sheet of phyllo dough, drizzle with 1/2 tbsp butter and sprinkle 1 tsp sugar. Add an additional sheet of phyllo dough on top and repeat until you have 6 sheets stacked.
- Transfer the sheets of phyllo dough into an 20cm springform pan with the edges over the sides. Repeat this process with another 6 sheets of phyllo dough and then add to the pan crossing the other direction so the entire pan edge is covered.
- Using a fork, poke the bottom of the dough. Bake for 5 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool. St aside.
- Reduce oven heat to 160°C.
- In a medium bowl, add chopped pistachios, powdered sugar, and melted butter and combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix well all of the cheesecake ingredients: cream cheese, mascarpone, heavy whipping cream, sugar, eggs, flour, and corn starch.
- Add half of the pistachio mixture into the springform pan over the base of the phyllo dough.
- Using your hands gently press to the bottom. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan.