- 3 bananas
- 6 Palets Bretons
- 25g unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g Lindt Dessert 70% Cocoa dark chocolate
- 20g unsalted butter
- 100 ml full liquid cream
- 250 ml full liquid cream
- 25g icing sugar
- Melt the butter in a bain-marie or in the microwave.
- Crumble the palets Breton in a bowl, crushing them, then add the melted butter and mix to obtain a grainy mixture.
- Chop the squares of dark chocolate with a knife.
- In a hot skillet, pour the sugar and let it caramelize without mixing.
- Tilt the container to melt all the sugar well and color it until you get a nice red color. Set aside.
- Add the butter and mix gently.
- Bring back to the simmer, gradually add the liquid cream and mix.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and stir until it melts completely. Leave to cool.
- Pour the cold liquid cream into a bowl and whip it in large movements to incorporate as much air as possible.
- When the cream thickens, gradually add the icing sugar.
- Place the whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a fluted nozzle and set aside to cool.
- Spread a thin biscuit mixture in the bottom of the verrines.
- Cut the bananas into slices and place them on top of the crumbled biscuits.
- Pour the chocolate caramel over the bananas and garnish with a nice swirl of whipped cream.
- If you make the recipe ahead of serving, add lemon to the banana slices so that they don’t darken.
- Crumble palets Breton over your verrines to decorate them.