- 1kg US beef flank cubes (this can be substituted for tenderloin, ribeye or striploin instead)
- 1 tsp fine salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 white onions (roughly chopped into large cubes)
- 6 tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 3 hot green peppers (roughly chopped)
- 3 red and yellow bell peppers (sliced)
- 4 tbsp beef tallow/fat (this can be substituted for unsalted butter)
- Preheat your “Saajiyyeh” pan over high heat. Then, add Beef Tallow (or Unsalted Butter) and allow it to render for a few minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
- Add the onions and sauté for about 3 minutes or until they become fragrant and translucent.
- Next, add the bell peppers and sauté for a few more minutes. Then, introduce the tomatoes and salt. Stir the ingredients in the frying pan well and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced hot peppers and continue to sauté for approximately 2 more minutes.
- Now, add the beef cubes and black pepper. Mix everything thoroughly to ensure an even coating in your frying pan. Continue to sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly to ensure even cooking.