- 500g lean beef strips
- 2 wholegrain tortillas
- 30g packet taco seasoning
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves torn
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- Greek yogurt, coriander sprigs, lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Lightly spray tortillas with olive oil and bake for 6-8mins, turning halfway, until crisp. Set aside and break into pieces once cool.
- Meanwhile, place beef in a large snap lock bag, add taco seasoning and rub to coat. Heat a lightly oiled char-grill pan over medium-high heat on the barbeque. Cook beef, in batches, for 1-2mins or until browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil. On the barbeque, cook corn for 8-10 minutes or until lightly charred. Cool slightly and remove kernels with a sharp knife from cob.
- Arrange lettuce, tomato, onion and capsicum on a platter. Top with beef, corn and tortilla crisps. Season, dollop with yogurt, sprinkle with coriander and serve with lime wedges.
- When cooking the meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying. This gives the meat a chance to brown, giving it good colour and flavour – the second side will take a little less time to cook.
- You can also slice beef rump, rib eye, striploin or fillet to make your own stir-fry strips.
- Beef mince would also work well in this recipe.