- 500 g eggs
- 300 g sugar
- 250 g wheat flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 500 g fresh cream
- 300 g 70% dark chocolate
- 5 g hot pepper powder
- 200 g sugar
- 400 g water
- Whisk 300 g of sugar with the eggs in the machine for 10 minutes until the volume is four times bigger.
- Mix the flour and cocoa powder and sieve them bit by bit over the whisked mixture.
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C.
- Cover a 40 x 60 cm tray with butter paper.
- Pour the mixture and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Grate the dark chocolate.
- Bring the cream to a boil or until it reaches 90-100 °C.
- Stir in the grated chocolate and whisk well until combined.
- Add in the pepper powder, let cool at room temperature then put in the fridge overnight.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Let cool at room temperature.
- Place the sponge cake with the dry side on top, pour the simple syrup on it.
- Spread the chocolate filling and roll the cake.
- Put in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Remove and cover with the remaining chocolate filling.
- Decorate with whole peppers and serve.
Tip: Sprinkle with some freshly cut mint for more flavor.