- 200 g good quality dark chocolate (preferably 70% dark and good quality)
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 2 tsps. vanilla powder
- Pinch salt
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 2/3rd cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- Melt chocolate and butter together until smooth. Set aside to cool a bit.
- In a mixer, add eggs, vanilla and salt then slowly add your sugar, one tbsp. at a time, beating well after each addition (for 10 to 15 min), creaming eggs and sugar in this process to reach the ribbon stage.
- Once done, add eggs mixture to melted chocolate and butter, a little at a time, folding in with a rubber spatula until incorporated.
- Add sifted flour and cocoa powder, a little at a time and fold only until incorporated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in your fridge until firm so you can divide the dough and shape your cookies.
- Preheat your oven at 175 °C.
- Divided dough into 20 cookies (30 g each).
- Roll each cookie between the palms of your hands into the perfect ball.
- Place on baking pan covered with baking paper (do not flatten the cookies). Bake on middle rack 8 to 10 minutes depending on your oven.
- Don’t bake them longer than 8 to 10 minutes, they won’t be soft and fondant like so make sure not to over bake, 10 minutes should be more than enough.