Light soft chocolate cake
- 165g yolks
- 90g brown sugar
- 240g egg whites
- 90g dark couverture chocolate 70%
- 25g cocoa paste
Light vanilla and kirsch mousse
- 110g milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 25g yolks
- 20g sugar
- 14g gelatine mass
- 10g kirsh ‘Fourgerolles’
- 110g whipped cream
- 70g egg whites
- 50g inverted sugar
- 50g glucose
Light chocolate mousse
- 135g milk
- 135g cream
- 135g yolks
- 275g dark couverture noire 70%
- 28g gelatine mass
- 160g meringue base
- 225g whipped cream
Chocolate mirror glaze
- 150g water
- 300g sugar
- 300g glucose
- 200g sweetened condensed milk
- 150g gelatine mass
- 250g dark couverture chocolate (64%)
1. Light soft chocolate cake. In a mixing bowl, with a whisk attachment, whisk together the egg yolks and brown sugar, then fold through the egg whites whisked with the sugar.
2. Finish the mixture with the dark couverture chocolate melted to 40°C with the cocoa paste.
3. Bake at 160°C for 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Light vanilla and kirsch mousse. In a saucepan, make a Crème Anglaise with the milk, cut and scraped vanilla bean, egg yolks and sugar.
5. Bring heat to 85°C then pour over the gelatine mass and mix well together.
6. Cool to 20°C then combine with the kirsch and whipped cream.
7. Pour 100g of the mousse into each of the moulds and sprinkle fresh raspberries onto each before placing in the freezer.
8. Meringue base. Combine together the egg whites with the inverted sugar and glucose then whisk together in a mixing bowl.
9. Light chocolate mousse. In a saucepan, make a Crème Anglaise with the milk, cream, and egg yolks cooked to 85°C.
10. Pour the cooked Crème Anglaise over the dark couverture chocolate and gelatine mass.
11. Mix and cool to 25°C before folding through the whipped cream. Use immediately.
12. Chocolate mirror glaze. In a saucepan, cook together the water, sugar and glucose to 103°C.
13. Pour over the condensed milk, gelatine and then the dark couverture chocolate.
14. Mix and store in the refrigerator overnight.