BY CHEF FADI HODROJ
Serves 1 | Prep/cooking 30 mins
- 500g Almond Paste
- 60g Eggs
- 80g Flour
- 16g Baking Powder
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 130g Butter
- 100g Chocolate
- 500g Cherry
- 150g Sugar
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- 775ml Milk
- 50g Milk Powder
- 12g Butter
- 95g Egg Yolks
- 180g Sugar
- 4 Pcs Vanilla Sticks
- 300ml Cream
- 50g Dark Chocolate
- 50g White Chocolate
1. Put Almond paste and the eggs in a mixer and mix well.
2. Melt the dark chocolate and the butter together and combine to the almond mixture. Add the flour and baking powder and mix gently. Put it on a flat tray and bake at 180°C for 12 minutes.
3. Temper the dark chocolate. Spread it thinly on a guitar sheet. When the chocolate starts to set, cut circles.
4. Remove the seeds of the cherries. Put the cherries and the sugar in a pan over medium heat. Mix good to get a good consistency.
5. Boil 2/3 of the milk, milk powder and sugar together. When it reaches 45°C, add the butter.
6. Add the egg yolks to the remaining 1/3 of the milk and mix very well.
7. Combine both mixtures, whisk very well and put the mix in the freezer.
8. Combine Dark & White chocolate. Boil the cream and pour it over the chocolate and mix very well.
9. Put a piece of sponge on the bottom of the plate. Put a piece of circle chocolate on top. Repeat this process twice until you get 3 layers of each.
10. Before putting the last chocolate piece, put the cherry compote inside of the sponge.
11. Put the piece of chocolate, then add the vanilla ice cream and the chocolate sauce on top. Add more cherry sauce on the bottom of the plate.