- 2 .5kg boned veal breasts trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces, and patted dry
- 500g medium white onions
- 1 sliced celery stalk
- 2 medium leeks, white part only sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Nutmeg to taste
- Salt to taste
- 100cl whipping cream
- 100g butter
- 110g flour
- 100g thinly sliced carrots, boiled in water
- Small white onions, boiled in water
- Fresh cut mushrooms cooked in butter
1. Cut lamb into small pieces, about 60g each.
2. Cook the meat with chicken stock, skimming foam from surface. Add onions, leek, celery, garlic and bay leaves. Let it boil then cover the pot and let it cook for an hour. After boiling, put the broth in fine Chinese paper and strain.
3. Transfer veal to large saucepan using slotted spoon.
4. Degrease sauce. Boil in casserole until thick enough to coat back of spoon.
5. Add whipping cream and boil until thickened.
6. Cook with a white roux (heat 100g of butter mixed with 110g of flour) and add salt, white pepper and nutmeg.