- 1 kg pistachios
- 1 kg ashta
- ½ kg sugar
- 5g vanilla
- 100g rose water
- 200g ghee
Farek (½ kg)
- 3 cups fine or medium semolina
- 1 cup of butter or clarified butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup rose water
- ¼ orange blossom water
1. Grind the unsalted pistachios in a blender to get a fine texture.
2. Take the pistachios, sugar, rose water, vanilla, ghee, and the farek mixture and blend in a food processor until…
3. It forms a soft, malleable, slightly oily paste.
4. Rub your hands with oil, take little lumps of the paste, the size of a small egg, rolling it into a ball; then make a hole in it with your finger and enlarge it by pinching the sides and pulling them up to make a little dome-shaped pot. You can also use a shaped mould instead.
5. Fill the hole with about a tablespoon of ready-made ashta.
6. Stick the edges well together.
7. Tap the mould out to remove the pastry.
Garnish with grinded pistachios.
Tip: The sweets will last one week in the refrigerator.