• 1 kg bousfeir (choose the fruits with the thickest peel, the taste is better)
• 500g sugar
• 50 ml lemon juice
• 2L water
- Wash the bousfeir oranges and slightly grate to obtain a soft and uniform skin. Slice the skin into 4-5 parts and peel it off. Roll each peel, and with a needle thread each 10-12 rolled peels together. In a pot, heat 2 liters of water.
- When water starts to boil, add in the threaded peel and let boil for 1 minute.
- Soak the peel in water overnight in order to remove the extra bitter taste.
- On the next day, drain the peel and squeeze them to remove excess water.
- In a pot, add one cup of water to the sugar and put on a medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add the bousfeir peels and boil until the syrup thickens. Stir continuously with a wooden spoon to avoid the sugar from sticking on the sides of the pot.
- When syrup is thick enough, add the lemon juice, stir in and remove from fire.
- Allow to cool before removing the thread and putting the jam in sterilized jars.
- Make sure to cover the jam with syrup.