BRANDY FRUIT AND NUT CAKE
BY LE NOIR, ATELIER DU CHOCOLAT
Serves 12-15 | Preparation 15mins | Baking 1h 15 mins
- 5g baking soda
- 236g sour cream or labneh
- 130g chopped dates
- 280g raisins
- 75g chopped glazed cherries
- 100g chopped walnuts
- 260g flour
- 115g butter
- 200g sugar
- 1 large egg
- Lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- 60ml of brandy (The Malt Gallery recommendation – Louis Roque La Vieille Prune Plum Brandy)
- Icing sugar (to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- Prepare the loaf tin. Butter it and place the baking paper inside.
- Combine the sour cream or labneh and the baking soda.
- Mix the dried fruits and nuts, making sure the pieces are even in size and toss with the flour.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and the sugar until you achieve a fluffy consistency. Add the egg, the lemon zest, and the sour cream mixture and combine.
- Finally, add the flour mix, the salt, and the brandy.
- Fill the loaf tin and bake for one hour.
- Pierce the loaf with a sharp knife to check it is baked through.
- Remove the cake and let it rest.
- Sprinkle a little icing sugar on top and serve.
RECIPES BY CHEF PIERRE ABI HAYLA