Soft Chocolate Sponge
- 280 g whole eggs
- 120 g egg yolk
- 1600 g invert sugar
- 80 g glucose
- 245 g whipped cream 35%
- 225 g Caraibe 66%
- 80 g flour
Crunchy Hazelnut Praline
- 160 g Hazelnut praline
- 75 g Jivara 40%
- 100 g Éclats d’or
- 75 g roasted hazelnuts (crushed)
- 110 g custer sugar
- 110 g glucose
- 175 g whipped cream 35%
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 g pectin NH
- 2 g sea salt flecks
- 90 g butter
- 125 g whipping cream
- 125 g milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 60 g custer sugar
- 60 g egg yolks
- 8 g gelatin powder
- 35 g cold water
- 220 g whipped cream 35%
- 170 g whiping cream
- 170 g whole milk
- 65 g egg yolk
- 20 g sugar
- 600 g whipped cream
- 400 g Caraibe 66%
Chocolate Spray Mixture
- 240 g Caraibe 66%
- 160 g cocoa butter
- 150 g egg white
- 150 g sugar
- 150 g icing sugar
SOFT CHOCOLATE SPONGE
- In a medium sauce pan bring the cream into the boil, pour on the chocolate to make a ganache.
- Heat the whole eggs, yolks, invert sugar and glucose at 60°C in bain marie.
- Whisk in mixing machine.
- Incorporate the mixture in to the ganache, add the sifted flour, spread in baking tray lined with baking paper, bake at 180°C in convection oven for 10 to 12 min.
CRUNCHY HAZELNUT PRALINE
- Melt Jivara 40% chocolate.
- Remove and mix the praline with melted chocolate, add the éclat’s d’or and roasted nuts and mix.
- Remove 20 g from the 220 g sugar and mix with pectin.
- Incoporate the pectin and sugar mix into the cold cream, bring the cream to the boil with scraped vanilla pod.
- Make the caramel with cream, let cool at 50°C.
- Incorporate the salted butter and the salt.
- Keep in the chiller.
- Hydrate the gelatine with the cold water. Heat the milk, cream and vanilla pod.
- In a mixing bowl whiten the egg yolks and the sugar.
- Boil the milk and cream and pour on the sugar and yolk mixture and mix it well.
- Add the gelatin. Let it cool and incorporate with whipped cream.
- Pipe 300 g bavarian cream into a mini log mold (as a inserts) and freeze.
- In saucepan boil the milk and cream, and mix yolk and sugar then pour into the milk mixture, cooked until 85°C.
- Pour the hot mixture into the chocolate. Mix with whipped cream carefully.
CHOCOLATE SPRAY MIXTURE
- Melt the chocolate Caraïbe 66% and cocoa butter, keep the temperature at 35°C, strain through a fine sieve, pour into the spray machine.
- In a mixing machine, whisk the egg whites into peaks, add the sugar slowly and stiffen the whites until the meringue is firm.
- Add the icing sugar, using piping bag with round nozzle, pipe desired size on baking tray lined with baking paper, bake at 100°C for 40 min.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
ASSEMBLY AND FINISHING
For the insert: Pipe 200 g of salted caramel on the bavarian cream insert. And seal the mini log mold by chocolate sponge layer and keep in the freezer.
Assembly and finishing:
- Spread the Caraibe mousse inside of the bigger log molds.
- Add the insert and fill again with thin layer of mousse, add wide chocolate sponge cake strip on top of the mousse. Freeze for 15 min.
- Pipe another line of Caraibe mousse on the sponge cake, spread 200g of crunchy hazelnut to seal the log mold and freeze.
- Remove from freezer, take out the log from the mold, spray the log using spray machine. Place on the cake board.
- Spread the tempered chocolate couverture on guitar sheet.
- Allow to crystallize slightly, cut into the rectangle shape according to measure of the bûche length and width and let crystallize completely.
- Using chocolate rectangle to create chocolate box according to size bûche, warm the knife and cut desired cuts on chocolate box to give wooden texture effect.
- Decorate the bûche with meringue drops, pre prepared chocolate box and Valrhona Signature logo.