- 150g fresh or frozen peas
- 300g dry bulgur wheat
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley, leave only roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 25ml cider vinegar
- seeds from 1 pomegrenate
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Simmer the peas for a few minutes in boiling water, adding 1/2 a teaspoon of salt to bring out the flavour, then drain. Place the bulgar wheat in a bowl, cover with tepid water and leave for 30-60min until soft, then drain well.
- Chill the peas in a little iced water to hold their colour. Fluff the bulgar with a fork and mix in salt and pepper to taste. At this stage the bulgar will keep in the fridge for at least a day, same for the peas, so you can make these in advance.
- To serve. mix the herbs, drained peas, olive oil and vinegar through the bulgar. Spoon into a bowl, check the seasoning, then sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds.
MORE RECIPES TO ENJOY