- 500 g white coarse burghul
- 70 g olive oil
- 70 g white onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1.5 L peeled tomato, chopped
- 50 g tomato paste
- 12 g salt
- 5 g allspice powder
- 150 g water
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- Fresh chives
- Wash the burghul and drain very well. Keep aside.
- In a pot, heat the olive oil on high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the burghul and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add in the peeled tomatoes and the tomato paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the water and lower the heat.
- Let it simmer for 20 min over low heat with the lid on until the bulgur is well cooked.
- With the edge of a sharp knife slice a shallow X into the bottom of the tomato.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and place the tomatoes into the water.
- Blanch the tomatoes for 5 seconds. You should be able to pop them out of their skins by giving them a twist and squeeze.
- In a plate fill in the burghul preparation in a circle mold.
- Garnish with the cherry tomatoes and the chives.
- Serve and enjoy.