- 200g granulated sugar
- 110ml heavy cream
- 100g butter, cubed
- In a large saucepan, gently melt the sugar over a low-medium heat, swirling the pan consistently until it reaches a golden amber color.
- Stir in the butter until melted.
- Stir in the heavy cream and allow to boil for 1 minute.
- If you’re preparing sea salt caramel, just add 0.5 tsp salt, stir and then remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool before pouring in a clean, sterilized jar. Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- To prepare caramel candies, let cool slightly in pan using a parchment paper and refrigerate. Pull the whole pan of parchment paper out onto a cutting board, and then cut into small squares (it is much easier to cut when they are cold). Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Try new flavors: By adding 0.5 tsp of cinnamon or vanilla extract
- Add it to your desserts: Such as bread pudding, gingerbread, apple pie, apple crisp, chopped apples and ice cream.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE