- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, diced into 1 cm cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 potato, diced into 1 cm cubes
- 3 parsley sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.5 L vegetable broth
- 280g chestnut purée
- 120 ml heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100g pine nuts, toasted
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks, carrot, onion, and potato and sweat for 15 minutes to soften. Add the parsley, cloves and bay leaf and broth, and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Add the chestnut puree and simmer, covered for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Using a hand blender, purée the soup until smooth.
4. Stir in the cream and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Reheat the soup over a moderate heat, stirring occasionally. Divide the soup among bowls and serve with toasted pine nuts.