- 1000g moghrabieh
- 200g chick peas
- 600g lamb meat without bones (30g per piece)
- 300g baby onions
- 1,200g chicken (8 pieces)
- 100g ghee
- 10g bicarbonate
- 10g sweet black pepper
- 10g cinnamon
- 30g caraway
- 15g salt
- 50g white flour
- 50g butter
1. Soak the chickpeas in water for 10 hours.
2. Sauté the chicken and lamb with ghee, then cover with water and cook till tender.
3. Sauté the onions with ghee till golden color then cover with water and cook till tender.
4. Boil the chickpeas with bicarbonate powder and water until cooked. Sauté the moghrabieh with ghee, then add half of the chicken and the lamb stock, onion, salt, pepper, caraway, cinnamon, chickpeas and cook till the stock is reduced.
5. For the moghrabieh sauce, melt the butter in a small casserole, add the flour, then mix until golden brown.
6. Add the remaining stock and mix well. Add half of the chickpeas, onion, salt, caraway, cinnamon, pepper, and lamb to the sauce. Serve the moghrabieh with chicken and sauce.