• 800g milk chocolate Alunga
• 100g sugar
• 100g water
• 500g white fondant icing
• Yellow and orange food coloring
1. Take 800g chocolate and melt it in a microwave. Pour two-thirds of the chocolate on to a large
2. Temper it with a palette knife and a scraper, moving, spreading, piling in, spreading again, moving,
until it starts to solidify.
3. Plonk it back into the remaining third of still melted chocolate. Mix well until evenly smooth. Pour
the whole lot into your mould and tap to release any air bubbles.
4. Leave it for two to three minutes. Pour out the excess. Put the shells in the fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Put 100g sugar and 100 ml water into a pan and dissolve to make sugar syrup. Take 500g of
white fondant icing, cut it in half, pummel yellow food coloring into one half.
6. Grate the icing and mix it with sugar syrup until it is the consistency of buttercream icing.
Fill each shell half with white fondant then a dollop of yellow for the yolk and stick the two halves
together with a little melted chocolate.