- 160g all purpose flour
- 65g egg
- 280g sugar
- 50g cocoa
- 5g soda bicarbonate
- 2.5g vanilla
- 165g vegetable oil
- 1g salt
- 120g hot water
- 160ml buttermilk
- 120g hazelnut praline 60%
- 65g milk chocolate melted
- 30g toasted hazelnuts
- 105g corn flakes crushed
Passion Fruit Cremeux
- 65g Nestle Docello Cream Brulee Dessert Powder
- 195ml passion fruit puree
- 195g whipping cream
- 315g Nestle Docello chocolate mousse dessert powder
- 625 milk
- 12.5 ml gelatin
- 56g gelatin sheets
- 315g water
- 565g sugar
- 565g glucose
- 565g dark chocolate
- 400g Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 225g neutral glaze
For the Dacquoise Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Sift flour, almond powder, and icing sugar.
- In a bowl, whisk to combine, egg white powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites at medium speed, add egg white powder mixture slowly, and continue to whip to medium stiff
- Fold sifted ingredients into whipped whites, followed by crushed chocolate.
- Spread the mixture into 8 rings of 16 cm diameter and bake for 11-15 min.
For the Crispy Hazelnut
- Mix to combine praline with chocolate in a mixing
- Add in hazelnuts and crushed corn flakes, and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between 8 rings of 16 cm press to 4 mm thickness and freeze until required for use.
For the Passion Fruit Cremeux Insert
- Cook Creme Brulee mixture with the cream as per instructions on the packet.
- Cool slightly and mix in the passion fruit puree.
- Spread evenly into 8 insert molds of 16 cm and freeze.
For the Chocolate Mousse
Make as per instructions on the packet.
For the Glaze
- Soak gelatin in cold water.
- Bring water, sugar, and glucose to a boil.
- Squeeze excess water out of the soaked gelatin and stir into the syrup.
- Place chocolate in a medium sized bowl; pour hot syrup onto the chocolate and emulsify using a hand blender.
- Stir in condensed milk and neutral glaze; beat until smooth.
- Heat glaze to 35°C to use.
Assembly and Finishing
- Line 8 molds of 21 cm with acetate strips.
- Build entremet upside down in following order:
- Pipe a layer of dark chocolate mousse.
- Place passion fruit creameux on top of the mousse.
- Pipe another layer of mousse on the creameux.
- Place the hazelnut crunchy insert.
- Pipe a small amount of mousse and place the dacquoise cake on top.
- Freeze, un mold and glaze frozen cake.
- Serve between 1-5°C.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE