• 150 g plain flour
• 30 g raw cacao powder
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 200 g caster sugar
• 60 g unsalted butter chilled and diced
• 20 g raw cacao nibs
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sift the flour, cacao powder, baking powder and caster sugar into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the flour mixture with your fingertips until it clumps together and resembles coarse breadcrumbs, then stir in the cacao nibs.
- Whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract, then add to the flour mixture. Mix until combined, then cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190°C and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- For the crackle topping, sift the icing sugar and cacao powder into a bowl. Shape the cookie dough into walnut-sized balls and drop into the crackle topping mixture, tossing until well coated. Place on the lined baking trays, leaving space for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just set when lightly touched.