- 2 tbsp soluble coffee
- 60 g icing sugar
- 9 eggs (6 to use as cups, 3 for the mousse)
- 150 ml of whipping cream
- Clean 6 large eggs with a cloth soaked in olive oil.
- Hole each eggshell with a fine pin, doing it carefully just to have an opening wide enough to contain the coffee foam; when you have pierced the shell, collect the egg in a container and put it in the fridge.
- Clean the shell well and use a hand dryer on minimum setting and in cold air, especially not hot, the shell will break.
- You can buy chocolate spoons at the supermarket unless you have the spoon-shaped chocolate mold: all you have to do is pour the chocolate in and let sit overnight before unmolding it.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Pour the liquid cream, heat over low heat until hot, but not boiling.
- When the cream is thick, remove from heat and put it in a salad bowl.
- Add the coffee and whisk.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until they are stiff. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Dissolve the instant coffee with little lukewarm water before adding it to the mixture.
- Spoon the mousse into the eggshell and allow to set in the fridge for 2 hours. Add the chocolate spoon and top with chocolate sprinkles or small meringues to serve.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE