- 310g all purpose flour
- 15g baking powder
- 310g butter, softened
- 310g caster sugar 310 g
- 380g eggs
- 340g Nestle Docello Creme Brulee dessert powder
- 1350 ml milk
- 675 ml whipping cream
- 40g gelatin sheets
- 135g fresh strawberries, sliced
- 40g glace cherries, chopped
- 40g canned peach, cut in chunks
- 810ml whipping cream
- 80g caster sugar
- 160g flaked almonds
- 270g assorted fresh fruits for garnish, kiwis, assorted berries, mangoes etc.
For the Sponge Cake
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Grease and prepare the baking tin.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl; add the butter, sugar, and eggs. Beat till the mixture is pale and slightly glossy.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared tin, and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes till firm and done. Allow to cool completely.
For the Set custard
- Soak the gelatin in cold water and set aside.
- Prepare the Nestle Docello Creme Brulee Dessert Powder as per the instructions on the
- Remove from the heat; squeeze the excess water from the soaked gelatin and add in to the heated mixture and dissolve completely. Allow to cool.
Assembly and Finishing
- Line the cake at the base of mould being used for assembly.
- Line the sides of the mould with the sliced strawberries.
- Layer the cake base with mixed fruits.
- Add in the custard. Freeze to set.
- Place chilled cream and sugar in a mixing bowl, whisk until stiff peak stage.
- De mold the dessert and garnish with whipped cream and fresh fruits.
- Coat the sides of the cake with flaked almonds to finish the sides. The flakes can be toasted in a preheated oven at 160°C until golden brown, if desired.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE