- 250 g ghee
- 250 g sugar (Gandour)
- 500 g flour (Gandour)
- 2 g vanilla
- 500 g date paste
- 2 lemon zest
- 2 g cinnamon powder
- 75 g oil (Gandour)
- Mix the flour, sugar, vanilla and ghee all together until you have a dough. Cover and let it rest at room temperature.
- Mix the date paste, lemon zest, cinnamon powder and butter together.
- Roll the date paste into small balls and leave them aside.
- Take the balls of date and cover each with a piece of dough. Make sure you have a dough shell up to 2mm.
- Sprinkle some shredded pistachio on top of each ball and add a stick to it.
- Bake at 1700 C for 6 minutes.
OTHER RECIPES BY CHEF MOUHAMAD HAIDAR