For the grilled steak
- 4 steaks (200g each) tenderloin, flank, rib eye or skirt
For the chimichurri
- 30g chopped parsley
- 35g chopped cilantro
- 10g garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp white onion, minced
- 145g olive oil
- 42g red wine vinegar
- 48g lemon juice
- Pinch of sugar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1. For the steak, let steaks come to room temperature.
2. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill on oiled grates over medium-high heat, 2 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness, for medium rare.
4. Let rest 5 minutes; slice on the diagonal.
5. Drizzle with chimichurri.
6. For the chimichurri, pulse all of the ingredients in a food processor and add oil.
BY THE SAME CHEF