- 400g fillet, entrecote, cut 3 cm steaks
- 3 tbsp lime juice, divided
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 small red chili, chopped
- 1 tbsp, fish sauce
- 5 cm lemongrass, very finely chopped
- 1/2 head gem, butter leaf or iceberg, in leaves
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced (1/2 cup), for garnish
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- 10 basil leaves, torn
- ½ cup mint leaves, as is.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and hand blend till smooth.
- Rinse and pat the meat dry. Place in a sealable plastic bag or small bowl and add 2.
- tablespoon of dressing to marinate the meat. Marinate meat in refrigerator at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Reserve the rest of the mixture refrigerated, to dress the salad.
- Preheat grill or grill pan with cooking spray and neutral oil. Grill steak until medium-rare, about 1.5 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness.
- Let rest until room temperature then slice thinly against the grain.
- Combine lettuce, sliced shallot, cilantro, basil, mint and beef in a salad bowl. Add the reserved dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve on lettuce leaves, traditionally with room temp jasmine rice.