Designed by Woods Bagot, Kempinski Hotel Muscat is a modern interpretation of Muscat and the Sultanate of Oman, with stand-out elements that are truly Omani in nature.
The hotel’s buildings, with the façade inspired by the landscape of Old Muscat – such as the Muttrah Corniche – are a matrix of structures, outlining what was once a commercial centre.
The design of the lobby originates from the nature of lilies in a lily pond and is inspired by the Al Alam Palace, the ceremonial palace of His Majesty Sultan Haitham.
Kempinski Hotel Muscat offers a culinary journey to every guest, with 11 restaurants and lounges.
- The Kitchen Restaurant: The Kitchen restaurant delivers a sensory, all-day dining interactive experience in a vibrant and dynamic space. The restaurant is centred around international cuisines such as Levantine and European.
- Café One: Start your mornings at our deli corner, Café One, and pick from a selection of daily baked bread, seasonal pastries, sandwiches, ice creams, and more. The barista will treat you to a cup of freshly brewed coffee that pairs perfectly with your order.
- Bukhara: Bukhara is impeccably designed to reflect the heritage and culture of India with a contemporary twist. Famous for its roots in the North-Western Frontier, each Bukhara dish is an experience bursting with flavours, creating a feast that is notable for its authenticity. Recommended dish: Bhatti Ka Lobster a smoky-flavoured grilled Omani lobster.
- Soi Soi: Inspired by the word ‘soi’, meaning “street” in Thai, this casual restaurant reflects the food scene in Bangkok. The rich menu of Soi includes authentic Thai dishes. Recommended dish: Gang Phed Ped, a Thai roasted duck curry.
- Zale Restaurant & Lounge: The word Zale means “power of the sea” in Greek, a meaning that truly becomes apparent as you arrive at the beautiful venue located on a stretch of sand. With a vibrant beach lounge ambience during the day and a stylish restaurant by night, this venue is a sophisticated addition to the Muscat nightlife.
- Countdown Sports Lounge: A home to all sports in Muscat showing live sporting action on multiple screens, from soccer, rugby, cricket, golf, basketball and everything in between. Located in the heart of Al Mouj residential community with an outside terrace, enjoy cheering on your favourite team with a range of draft beverages. Recommended dishes: Burgers, steaks, wraps and nachos.
- Amwaj Lounge: Inspired by the waves of the sea, Amwaj Lounge is a relaxing and elegant place located just below the main hotel lobby. Amwaj’s standout Afternoon Tea is not to be missed, in addition to an exquisite selection of classical French pastries. Terrace seating is available overlooking the ocean and perfectly manicured hotel gardens.
- Boulevard Tea House: A warm and welcoming tea house, the ideal place to enjoy specialty teas and lassis, traditional Indian desserts with a twist, and a light menu from the renowned Bukhara restaurant.
- 1897 Cigar Lounge: The 1897 Cigar Lounge & Bar offers patrons an opulent salon with a generous choice of cocktails, classic single malts and fine brandies, all served alongside an extensive selection of some of the world’s finest cigars.
- Cosmic Bowling: With bright, thrilling surroundings and enough lanes for group games, Cosmic Bowling is the perfect place for friends and families to enjoy a fun evening together. A special menu is available offering refreshing dishes, bites and vibrant cocktails. Unwind after work with a drink or enjoy a light meal after a few games of bowling.
- Pool Bar: Enjoy sweeping views across the Gulf of Oman, sit back and sip on a refreshing mocktail, detox drink or a cocktail, cool off with a gelato as you rest after a few lengths, or if the Omani weather gets to be a little too warm. The magnificent views complete your day.