- ½ cup fine brown bulgur
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp hot red pepper paste
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 3 to 4 tbsp olive oil
- Optional: fresh pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Mix the bulgur with the lemon juice and onion and let it rest for 10 to 15 mins.
- Add tomato paste, pepper paste and pomegranate molasses and mix everything together.
- Add the parsley, mint and olive oil.
- Serve in a salad bowl covered with white cabbage leaves and garnish with pomegranate seeds.