Kibbeh sumakiyeh (kibbeh sumac) is a vegetarian type of kibbeh, famous in the Nothern Bekaa and one of the many kinds prepared with flour, bulgur and salt. What makes this kibbeh special is the sour sauce that accompanies it made of cooked lentils and potatoes and sumac which gives it its name.
- 1kg fine burghol
- ½ kg flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cups water
- 1.5 kg potatoes, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 tsp 7 spices
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup green lentils, rinsed
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped in cubes
- 1 tbsp sumac
- 1L water
For the dough
- Soak the burghol in 1 cup of water with 1 teaspoon of salt for about 20 minutes in a large bowl, then add the flour while sieving it over the bowl.
- Mix well until you get a dough texture, add as much water as is needed until the dough stops sticking to your fingers.
- Knead the dough and set aside to prepare the stuffing.