- 2 organic yellow lemons
- 185g sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 70ml liquid cream
- 120g flour
- 2g yeast
- 40ml olive oil
- 30ml lemon juice
- 30ml water
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, grease and flour a pan. You may also line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Grate the zest of the 2 lemons and mix it with 155 g of sugar. Set aside.
- Mix the eggs and the liquid cream then add the sugar mixed with the lemon zest.
- Add the flour and baking powder previously sifted.
- Gently warm the olive oil and add it to the dough.
- Bake it for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the lemon syrup. In a small saucepan, combine the lemon juice, the remaining 30 g of sugar and water and cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the cake from the oven and set it on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan; spoon the lemon syrup over it. Allow the cake to cool completely.
Check the size of your mold, if it’s big, double the quantities.