• 1 kg Swiss chard, cleaned and chopped
• 1 cup coriander
• 200g fava beans, soaked overnight
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 100g chopped onions
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tsp cumin
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 L water
1. Add the fava beans to 1 L of water and bring to boil. Stir occasionally.
2. After 1 hour, add 500 ml of water.
3. In a large pot, stir fry the onions and garlic in vegetable oil until they soften.
4. Add the chopped Swiss chard and coriander and cover until they are well cooked.
5. While on heat, add 1 teaspoon of cumin and the strained fava beans.
6. Season according to taste. Serve cold with a slice of lemon.