- 2 cups orange or peeled lentils
- 1 l chicken or vegetable stock or a rich herb pouch
- ½ cup rice, washed
- 1 l onion, finely cut
- 5 small white onions
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp red pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps butter
- 2 tsps sunflower oil
- Fry the chopped onion lightly in some sunflower oil or in butter until they become transparent, add the lentils and the herb pouch or stock.
- When the lentils boil, skim the foam from the surface. Let them boil again and remove the foam for a second time. Then lower the temperature and add the small onions and the rice.
- Simmer the soup on low heat, not completely covered. Add water if needed.
- When the lentils are tender, add a cube of butter, lemon juice, red pepper powder, saffron and salt.