• 3 live lobsters
• 1 finely chopped celery stalk
• 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
• 2–3 tbsp mayonnaise
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 6 New England–style hot dog buns
• 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1. Pour water into a large pot to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boil and salt generously. Add lobsters, cover and cook until bright red, 8–10 minutes.
2. Transfer lobsters to a rimmed baking sheet and let cool. Crack lobster shells, pick meat from tail and claws, and cut into ½ -inch pieces.
3. Mix lobster, celery, lemon juice, chives, and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper and add more mayonnaise, if desired.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spread flat sides of buns with butter. Cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side; fill with lobster mixture.