- 600 g smid (semolina)
- 400 g flour farkha (fine semolina)
- 100g powdered sugar
- 100g powdered milk
- 6g Mahlab
- 400g butter
- 100g water
- 200g rose water
- 5g yeast
- 115 g unsulted butter
- 200g sugar
- 125 g cream
- 60 g glucose syrup
- 2 g sea salt
- 20 g milk chocolate
- 35 g roasted hazelnuts
- In a bowl, combine semolina, butter, powdered sugar, powdered milk, mahlab, and yeast. Mix well. Cover tightly and set aside for one hour.
- Meanwhile, add butter, sugar, sea salt and glucose syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil about 10 min.
- Add gradually the pre-heated cream. Stir the mixture constantly, scraping the sides occasionally until it reaches firm ball stage.
- Once you reach the firm ball stage, remove from heat add milk chocolate and grounded hazelnuts
- Pour caramels into prepared pan. Refrigerate until cooled. Cut caramel into small pieces
- Add rose water to the dried mixture and knead by hand until the dough starts to hold together
or forms a paste.
- Remove a small piece of dough and flatten it with your hands and place a piece of caramel on top. Close carefully to form a ball.
- Press the stuffed dough into a wooden mold to form a pattern on the upper side of the dough.
- Tap out onto a cookie sheet that is not greased and bake at 220°C for 6 minutes or until lightly colored but not browned.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar, let it cool down, and then sprinkle again with the powdered sugar.