- 100g ‘ferk knefeh’ (semolina)
- 200g sugar
- 500g pistachio, grounded
- 50g rose water
- 50g orange blossom water
- 200g amareddine purée
- 4g gelatin
- 500g milk
- 100g sugar
- 20g cornflour
- 10g rose water
- 10g orange blossom water
For the Mafroukeh:
1. Mix ferk knefeh with sugar and grounded pistachio.
2. Add the rose and orange blossom water. Continue to mix until the mixture becomes homogenous.
3. Spread the pistachio mafroukeh in a 3mm-thin layer over a plastic wrap.
For the Mohalabiyah:
1. Add the sugar to the milk and bring to the boil.
2. Mix the cornflour into the remaining milk and add the hot mixture. Stir continuously until the mixture comes to the boil. Then add the rose and orange blossom water and continue to stir until the mixture begins to thicken.
3. Take off the heat when the mixture is thick and pour into a flat container.
4. Allow to cool off and place in the refrigerator.
For the Amareddine jelly
1. Over medium heat, bring amareddine purée to the boil. Add the gelatin.
2. Place in fridge to cool.
1. Place one disc of pistachio mafroukeh in the bottom of a glass.
2. Pour the mohalabiyah over the mafroukeh pistachio.
3. Place second disc of pistachio mafroukeh over the mohalabiyah.
4. Pour the amareddine jelly on top.
5. Decorate with cotton candy (‘gazl bannet’), orange blossom petals and roasted ‘osmalieh’.