- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups liquid milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 mangos, cut into thin slices
1. In a food processor, pulse together the flour, sugar and salt.
2. Add the cold butter and pulse just until the butter is incorporated and the mixture is in large clumps.
3. Transfer the dough into a tart pan, press it in an even layer to form the base and sides of the tart crust.
4. Using a fork, prick all over the bottom of the crust.
5. Cover the pan and freeze for 15 minutes.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
7. Allow the crust to cool completely in the pan.
8. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla and sugar until well combined. Sift the flour and cornstarch into the bowl with the eggs, whisking until smooth.
9. In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer. Then very slowly whisk the milk into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to prevent curdling.
10. Pour the mixture into a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Cook it, whisking constantly, until it comes to a boil. Once it boils, continue whisking constantly until it thickens.
11. Immediately pour the mixture into a bowl and cover the surface of the pastry cream with plastic wrap.
12. Once the pastry cream is at room temperature, whisk it to remove any lumps then pour it into the completely cooled tart shell.
13. Arrange mango slices on top and serve.