- 250g onions
- 400g ground beef
- Sweet spices and salt to taste
- Minced garlic
- Plain yogurt with garlic
- Mix the dough ingredients and knead. Cover, and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the yogurt by mixing it with garlic. Set aside.
- Combine the onion, ground beef, salt, and pepper; mix the meat well with a spoon until mashed.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough parts to an even thickness of about 7mm. Cut the dough into 12cm squares with a knife or pastry wheel.
- Place about 1 tsp. of the meat filling in the center of each square. Seal the dumplings by gathering the edges of the dough and pinching them together at the top to form a bundle.
- Transfer the finished Mante to a floured plate and sprinkle more flour over the Mante to prevent sticking. Repeat.
- Brush the top of the mante with oil right and bake at 180°C until they have a golden color.
- Serve the Mante with yogurt sauce.
- You can use ground lamb or other ground meat instead of the beef.
- You can replace the yogurt with tomato sauce instead.
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL ENJOY