MEDITERRANEAN LAND AND SEA, VEGETABLES WITH SMOKED BUTTER
Serves 1 | Prep/cooking 45 mins
- 1200g Boiled octopus
- 35g Cracked garlic
- 5g Rosemary whole
- 5g Zaatar zoubaa (Thyme)
- 2g Bay leaves
- 5g Sage
- 3g Smoked paprika
- 5g White pepper
- 5g Black pepper
- 200 ml Clarified butter
- 2L Water
- 100g Lemon
- 25g Rough salt
- 50g Thyme
- 1000g Raw cleaned octopus
- 100 g Celery juice
- 100 g Fennel juice
- 300 g Mushroom kelp
- 100 g Brown butter
- 220 g Smoked butter
- 20 g White balsamic vinegar
- 20g Clarified butter
- 5g Cracked garlic
- 5g Cracked ginger
- 35g Calamari
- 40g Sea bass filet
- 30g Marinated octopus
- 40g Vegetable sauce
- 5g Shredded dandelion
- 10g Peeled boiled large beans
- 2g Green leaves
- 10g Lemon zest
1. Separate the octopus tentacles.
2. Mix all the ingredients together and marinate overnight in the fridge.
3. The second day, discard the garlic.
4. Put water in a sauce pot with the halves of lemon, rough salt and thyme. Bring to boil.
5. Separate the octopus head from the body and put it down gently in the boiling water, cook on low fire for 30 to 45 minutes depending on the size.
6. Mix celery, fennel juice and mushroom kelp in a sauce pan, heat up but don’t let it boil.
7. Add melted brown butter and take off heat.
8. Using a hand blender, mix in the cold smoked butter piece by piece until emulsified.
9. Add the white balsamic vinegar.
10. Adjust seasoning with salt.
11. Heat the clarified butter and sauté the cracked garlic and ginger.
12. Add the calamari and panfry till it rolls and cooked through. Remove and reserve aside.
13. Add the sea bass, panfry skin side first then flesh side till crispy. Remove and reserve aside.
14. Add the marinated octopus and panfry till caramelized. Remove and reserve aside.
15. Place the vegetable sauce in a plate.
16. Add the shredded dandelion in the center.
17. Add the sautéed calamari, sea bass and octopus.
18. Add the boiled peeled large beans.
19. Garnish with green leaves and lemon zest.