For the meat
- 1kg Australian beef ribeye
- 150g Miso paste
- 2 packed tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salsa
- 150g pomegranate seeds
- 70g walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 20g parsley, finely chopped
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the meat. Rub olive oil on both sides of the meat and then dab with the miso paste.
- Place the meat in a heated pan; cook for 3-5 minutes on each side. Then, butter-baste the meat for a couple of minutes, remove from heat and allow to rest for 5-6 minutes.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the salsa. Mix well together to combine.
- Serve at once, with the salsa spooned on top or alongside the meat.