- 2 cups flour or 1 cup flour plus 1 cup Almond flour
- 1 tbsp. anise powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 100 g melted butter
- 1 to 2 tbsp. water or orange blossom water
- Roughly chopped nuts, like almonds, hazelnuts and pistachios
- Mix dry Ingredients.
- Add butter and mix using your hand or a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Add water or orange blossom water only if needed.
- Divide dough into 20 equal parts.
- Shape and coat with more roughly chopped nuts.
- Put on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 175 °C around 18 to 20 minutes until sides are golden.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
- Mix chopped nuts into the dough as well, or maybe some raisins, zest of 1 lemon or 1 orange.