- 500 g frozen okra
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. coriander, fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp curcuma
- 1 cup coconut milk canned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt, or season to taste
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Put the frozen okra in a pan drizzle with olive oil and put them in oven at 180 °C for 20 min.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pot then add the chopped onion, garlic ,ginger, tomatoes and coriander and cook stirring until onion is soft about 2 -3 minutes.
- Add salt and all the spices and cook for a minute.
- Stir in water and let it cook for 3 minutes then add the coconut milk, the tomato paste for 2 more minutes.
- Add okra and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Just before serving add the lemon juice and stir.
- Serve with basmati rice.
MORE RECIPES YOU ‘LL ENJOY