- 600g organic quinoa
- 225g halved cherry tomatoes
- 180g diced carrots
- 120g diced onions
- 150g pine nuts
- 135g chopped parsley
- 12 pieces fresh asparagus
- 5g Dijon mustard
- 225ml extra virgin olive oil
- 90ml balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel and slice carrots then boil (adding a pinch of salt) with the quinoa for 20 minutes. Rinse and set aside to cool.
2. Boil the asparagus them for 10 minutes and set aside to cool. Once cool, remove bottoms and dice leaving heads intact.
3. Fry the pine nuts in a pan with a bit of olive oil until golden and then remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together for the dressing.
5. In another bowl, mix the quinoa, carrots, onions, parsley and cherry tomatoes with the dressing.
6. Finally, garnish with the asparagus heads and a bit of pine nuts.