Sweet Crust Pastry
1 recipe sweet crust pastry
For the Filling
- 180g crunchy peanut butter
- 80g cream cheese, softened
at room temperature
- 125g light brown caster sugar
- 180 ml heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 60g unsalted peanuts, roasted
and roughly chopped
- Handful of semi-sweet chocolate chip
- 150 ml whipping cream, whisked to stiff peaks
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Roll the pastry on a lightly floured surface, about 0.5cm in thickness, to fit in the tart tin. Press into fluted edges. Trim off excess piecrust along edges and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Line piecrust with parchment paper, and fill with dried beans. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove weights and parchment paper; bake 10 more minutes. Cool completely on baking sheet on a wire rack.
4. In the meantime, make the filling, in a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment on low speed, cream the peanut butter and cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy.
5. In another medium bowl, whisk the heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks form.
6. Fold the whipped cream into peanut butter mixture in three stages; ensuring ingredients are thoroughly blended after the first addition.
7. Spoon into prepared pastry shell. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours in the fridge.
8. Just before serving, top the peanut butter cheesecake tart with the whipped cream and scatter the semi-sweet chocolate chips.