- Bunch of mixed garden greens
- 1 head garlic
- 200 ml olive oil
- 100g fresh onions, finely chopped
- 10g pine nuts
- 15g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 400g linguini pasta
- Salt to taste
1. Using a blender, mix the greens with the garlic, parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Slowly add the olive oil while the blender is on a low setting. Add about 20 ml of lemon juice to the mix with the lemon zest and set aside.
2. Boil the pasta (preferably fresh) for nine minutes with a bit of olive oil in the water. Drain and plate using a fork to make a round nest of pasta.
3. Add a bit of the pasta water to the pesto and mix until it has a creamy consistency.
4. Fry the onions in olive oil, cook until browned, and then add a bit of salt.
5. Drizzle the sauce on the pasta, topped with the fried onions and parmesan cheese.